Cooked Sweet Olives
This recipe uses our sweet "dolce tonda" olive variety. You can only enjoy them in autumn.
Prep Time0 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Cost: 2 euro
- 1/4 Onion Cut thinly
- 5 Cherry tomatoes Cut in half (more you put in, more sauce you make)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil Extra virgin
- 1 Pinch Salt To taste
- 1 Handful Olive "dolce tonda"
First, cut onion thinly. Heat olive oil in the pan, and add onion until it gets golden colour without burning.
Add half cut cherri tomatoes into the pan with a pinch of salt. Put a lid. Salt helps tomatoes to bring its juice out. Make nice sauce!If the cherry tomatoes are not ripen enough and sauce seems bit dry, add some water and keep cooking.
When the sauce is ready, add dolce tonda olives. Keep the lid on otherwise the sauce gets drier.
When you see olive skins are started to come off. It's almost ready. Cook 1 more minute.
Taste it and if the olives are cooked through, you can serve it with a nice warm bread! And don't forget, the sauce is worth dipping for after you finish with olives!
- You can try with other sweet table olive varieties if you cannot find dolce tondo olives.
- If you are worried about bitterness which most of olives have, don't worry, they are sweet as caramel and no need to do any prep before cooking.
- If you have a red or yellow bell peppers, add it before cherry tomatoes. They add more sweetness into the sauce.